Unlocking the PII codeNavigating the definitions of personally identifiable information and helping you to understand your obligations to your customers.
Ready to unlock the code?
Digital marketing has made it easier to collect and connect PII but understanding best practices and minimizing PII usage to only as-needed is important as new global legislation affect how and when organizations can use PII. Aside from legislation, misuse or mishandling of PII can also be used criminally in identity theft or stalking.
In this guide, we’ll explain what PII is, highlight your obligations around PII and help you navigate the complicated landscape.
This guide answers the following questions:
- What is Personally Identifiable Information?
- How could it be used nefariously?
- What can I do about PII in my Organization?
- Obtaining affirmative consent
- How you can use PII to better serve your customer