If granted permission to use Optimizely’s trademarks or branding, you must always follow this Brand Usage Guide. If we provide you additional written requirements (size, typeface, colors, etc.) at the time of our permission, you must implement them before using our trademarks or branding. If we provide these requirements after we initially gave our permission, you must implement them within a commercially reasonable timeframe.
You may use Optimizely’s trademarks, product names, service names and other names in text to refer to Optimizely’s products, services and related technology, but only if you follow these guidelines and your use is accurate, fair and not misleading. Optimizely’s trademarks exclusively owns any goodwill generated by the use of Optimizely’s trademarks.
How to use our trademarks and branding correctly
- Follow Optimizely’s Design Guide.
- Use Optimizely’s trademark only as an adjective, never as a noun or verb, and never in the plural or possessive form
- Never use Optimizely’s trademark as a generic term for the product category.
Prohibited uses of our trademarks and branding
- Do not remove, distort or alter any element of Optimizely’s trademarks or branding. That includes modifying an Optimizely trademark, for example, through hyphenation, combination or abbreviation.
- Do not shorten, abbreviate, or create acronyms out of Optimizely trademarks.
- Do not use Optimizely’s trademarks more prominently than your own trademarks, name, trade name, product name, service name, or other name. You should distinguish these names visually from any Optimizely trademark or other name.
- Do not use Optimizely’s trademarks in any manner that expresses or implies Optimizely has any affiliation, sponsorship, endorsement, certification, or approval of your product, service, or company, unless specifically authorized by Optimizely.
- Do not display a Optimizely trademark or branding in a manner that in Optimizely's sole opinion is misleading, unfair, defamatory, infringing, libelous, disparaging, obscene, or otherwise objectionable to Optimizely (this is in no way meant to discourage criticism, opinion, or commentary).
- Do not display Optimizely trademarks or branding on a site or on material that violates any law or regulation.
- Do not use Optimizely trademarks in false or misleading advertising.
- Do not incorporate Optimizely trademarks or branding into your own product name, service names, trademarks, logos, or company names.
- Do not adopt marks, logos, slogans, or designs that are confusingly similar to Optimizely’s trademarks or branding.
- Do not copy or imitate Optimizely's trade dress, including the look and feel of Optimizely web design properties or Optimizely brand elements, distinctive color combinations, typography, graphic designs, product icons, or imagery associated with Optimizely.
- Do not use or register Optimizely trademarks as or incorporated in social media account names, profiles, or aliases.
- Do not register Optimizely trademarks as second or third level domain names.
- Do not use Optimizely trademarks in a way that suggests a common, descriptive, or generic meaning.
- Do not use the registration symbol (®) in connection with marks in countries where our marks have not been registered. Trademark rights vary from country to country.
If you have general questions about trademarks not addressed by this policy or our Design Guide, please contact our legal department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you’ve found a website that uses a Optimizely trademark inappropriately, please let us know at email@example.com.
Optimizely’s trademarks include the following list. The absence of any Optimizely trademark, product name, service name, or any other name from this list does not waive Optimizely’s intellectual property rights.
- The Optimizely Opticon logo is ® Registered in the EU with registrations pending elsewhere.
- Optimizely® Registered in the United States, EU and elsewhere.
- Optimizely Testing™
- Optimizely Personalization™
- Optimizely Solutions Partner™
- Stats Engine™