What is the top ASP.NET CMS platform in 2022?
Your website and business can vastly benefit from an ASP.NET CMS platform. An ASP.NET-based content management system (CMS) enhances inter-department collaboration, website performance, security and scalability.
However, picking the best ASP.NET CMS platform for your needs can seem overwhelming.
Let’s start by understanding CMS and ASP.NET.
- An ASP.NET-based content management system enhances inter-department collaboration, website performance, security and scalability.
- A CMS is a solution where multiple contributors can create, publish and maintain content. CMS platforms typically store the information in a database and present it through a web page.
- The ASP in ASP.NET stands for active servers pages, and its purpose is to assist developers in creating interactive (or dynamic) web pages.
- The top ASP.NET CMS platform should be cloud-based, provide comprehensive case studies, and receive several awards.
- Before choosing a CMS platform, ask questions like: Is the platform SEO-friendly? How well do developers support the platform?
What is a CMS?
A content management system is a solution where multiple contributors can create, publish and maintain content. CMS platforms typically store the information in a database and present it through a web page.
Content management systems facilitate the business process in the following ways:
- The developer creates and formats content without needing programming expertise.
- Content is in a central location so that teams can access the same information without the discrepancies that occur from keeping it in multiple places.
- Role-based permissions for working with the CMS include administrators, authors, and editors.
The history of ASP.NET
Microsoft released version 1.0 of the scripting language ASP.NET in 2002. ASP stands for active servers pages. Its purpose was to assist developers in creating interactive (or dynamic) web pages.
Some features of ASP.NET included an editing interface and authentication capabilities. It also worked across platforms like Windows and Linux.
In 2010, Microsoft released ASP.NET 4.0. This version contained new properties in the page class, namely MetaKeyword and MetaDescription. These additions are relevant for search engine optimization. Throughout the rest of the decade, developers saw further improvements to this version of ASP.NET, particularly the ability to work on any web server (Open Web Interface).
On November 10, 2020, Microsoft released ASP.NET 5.0 and delivered further improvements. Among them were library support for iOS and Android, support for Windows ARM64 and improving P95 latency.
Microsoft released its latest version of ASP.NET on November 8, 2021. ASP.NET 6 comes with significant performance improvements, resulting in lowered cloud-hosting costs.
Metrics of the top ASP.NET CMS platform
Cloud-based computing & storage
Cloud-based computing and storage have become a popular choice for modern workloads, and for a good reason. A third party, not the company, handles the provisioning, monitoring, maintaining, recovery, scaling and upgrading of the infrastructure off-premises. These lifted responsibilities permit businesses to redirect personnel and resources to more complex matters.
The top ASP.NET CMS platform should have cloud providers, like Microsoft Azure, host it for easy integration and management.
Ample case studies
The Absolut Company wanted to migrate its servers to the cloud and improve web performance. After evaluating several solutions, it chose Optimizely’s Content Cloud platform. As a result, the company went from 25 on-prem web servers to zero and gained the ability to make changes to website content in minutes versus days, as was previously the case.
Swedish real-estate company SISAB needed to transform its website to keep up with evolving technology. A particular pain point was that the website was not mobile-friendly. SISAB partnered with Optimizely to move its web resources to the Azure cloud. Optimizely met the tight timetable of five months that the company required. The result was a flexible, mobile-friendly and straightforward interface that was both pleasing to SISAB and its users.
Piab, a producer of industrial materials, realized that its website couldn’t scale to keep up with its growth. Through Optimizely’s Content Cloud solution, Piab enhanced the user experience on its website by incorporating an improved search function, chatbots, download and login abilities. These changes resulted in increased lead generations for Piab.
Awards & recognition
- Red Herring’s Top 100 named Optimizely as one of the most exciting startups in North America.
- Optimizely won the “Best Use Of Data” category in the Transforming Retail Awards in 2020.
- Its CEO made the Forbes’ “30 under 30 List” in the Technology category.
- For six years in a row, the San Francisco Business Times selected Optimizely as one of the best places to work.
Questions to ask before choosing a CMS platform
- What is your company’s budget?
- What business operations does the CMS need to support (videos, images, audio, etc.)?
- Can the CMS integrate with other technologies needed in your company?
- How user-friendly is the content management system?
- How many different groups of users will you need?
- What is the size of your company?
- How big is your website?
- What is your metric for success?
- Is the platform SEO-friendly?
- Which technology serves as its basis?
- How well do developers support the platform?
Optimizely, the top ASP.NET CMS platform for you
Content Cloud is Optimizely’s industry-leading content management system built on .NET and Microsoft Azure, ensuring a robust, scalable and secure platform. The solution separates back-end content from front-end presentation to provide consistent and rich subject matter across all digital channels. Over 9,000 leading businesses trust and partner with Optimizely to deliver stunning digital experiences to their customers.
Migrating your existing content management system to Optimizely’s Content Cloud is seamless with the help of our team of experts.
Contact us today to discuss integrating the top ASP.NET CMS platform!